- Holding Right Mouse Button – Camera mode
- + Move – Pitch/orbit
- + Left Mouse Button + Move – Move
- Mouse Wheel – Zoom
- Shift + Mouse Wheel – Scale brush or prop
Camera and ControlEdit
- WASD – Move camera
- Arrow Keys – Pitch/orbit camera
- q/e – Move camera vertically
- r/f – Zoom camera
- Home – Center to player
- c – Cycle camera presets (top down, front, side, free)
Menu and Tool FunctionsEdit
- Esc – Back/cancel
- Ctrl + s – Save
- F1 – Help
- F2 – Biome mode (successive presses cycle through tools)
- F3 – Paint mode
- F4 – Sculpt mode (successive presses cycle through tools)
- F5 – Prop mode (successive presses cycle through tools)
- Return/Enter – Tool menu
- ' and Shift + ' – Cycle between tool modes
- Shift + Mouse Wheel – Resize brush/prop
- Spacebar – Biome, material or prop gallery
- Holding Alt – Invert tool or snap current prop to another prop
- Ctrl + c – Copy current prop (only works for some props)
- Ctrl + m – Swap current prop mesh
- Delete – Delete current prop
- Shift + b – Brain on selected prop
- Shift + p – Prop edit menu on selected prop
- Shift + d – Character studio on selected prop
- Holding ctrl – Grid snap
- g – Toggle grid snap
- Ctrl + g – Toggle workplane
- Ctrl + z – Undo
- Ctrl + y – Redo
Brain and GalleryEdit
- Esc – Back/cancel
- Ctrl + c – Copy tile/line
- Ctrl + v – Paster tile/line
- Arrow Keys – Select tile
- Return/Enter – Swap/select tile
- Home/End – First/last page
- Page Up/Down – Previous/next page
- Left thumbstick moves the cursor horizontally.
- Using X brings your cursor down in the world, while using Y brings your cursor up in the world.
- Right thumbstick pans the camera.
- Pressing in on the Right thumbstick will cycle through different zooming distances.
- Right Bumper + Up/Down on the Left Joystick zooms the camera in/out.
- Right Bumper + A centers the camera on the player.
- Right Bumper + B cycles through the camera presets (top down, front, side, free).
- A button activates and selects buttons on the tools menu.
- Right Trigger places props in prop mode.
- Left Trigger snaps an object to the ground in prop mode.
- When sculpting, Right Trigger is for positive sculpting like expanding and adding terrain. Left Trigger switches to negative sculpting such as eroding and subtracting terrain.
- Holding Left Bumper brings up menu wheel and scale option (for props it gives additional menu options: Y = Brain, X = Delete, B = Character Studio, A = Edit).
- Left and Right on the D-Pad cycles through paint and biome palettes.
- Holding down on the D-Pad turns on and off snap to grid.
- Pressing up on the D-Pad opens up your gallery (Materials, Biome or Prop gallery).
- Pressing the View button will use the undo tool.
- View + Right thumbstick to the left cycles through undo points.
- View + Right thumbstick to the right cycles through redo points.